DISTORT #47 & 48

Pour toutes les annonces de fanzines, journaux, bd, comics, bouquins, interviews... bref tout ce qui a un rapport à la lecture : ca se passe ici !
Répondre
ГражданскаяОборона
touriste
touriste

DISTORT #47 & 48

Message par ГражданскаяОборона » 18 mars 2015 12:40

Je distribue les trois derniers numéros en date du fanzine australien Distort, en quantité si besoin, juste pour la France.

2€ par numéro + le port. Pour les distros, prix de gros à partir de 5 exemplaires.

Le #46 vient de sortir et est entièrement consacré à CRISIS, en complément à la récente réédition: analyse, archives, historique. Détails ci-dessous.

46 - "I sweated on writing up the Crisis 2xLP for this issue of Distort. It is an absolute monument. Paco (La Vida Es En Mus) has presented it with confidence. It is short on information about the band, but it does provide enough to provoke the curiosity. There is something charming about the absence of an aggressive series of liner notes about what justifies these songs not being mere compressed audio files.
Paco provided me with some of the content that was rejected from the LP artwork, compiled with the intention that you would read it while listening to Crisis, that is to say, while marching. No pig sympathy.
The bulk of this issue is an extract from ‘Better Dead Than Red’, the rewritten and expanded Crisis chapter from the Death In June book MISERY AND PURITY. It resolved many questions I had about Crisis lyrics, which do not appear in any of the reissued compilations."

44 - “We are nothing without one another, yet between us is pure abyss” – Paul Valery

Interviews and conversations:

DRIBBLE/GUTTER GODS: “When you go that far with psychedelics, you find that your ego could be this protective mechanism to ensure we stay conscious.”

JON ROFFE: “The problem is that thinking itself has a kind of affinity with death. There are no intrinsic limits to it.”

HTRK: “I have got that at the forefront when I am writing; I am trying to give young girls another option of realism.”

CONSTANT MONGREL: “pro trend”

JOCK CLUB: “Playing this kind of music is about paying attention to the history of the music, but at the same time paving new ground for it to prosper.”

LOKE RAHBEK: “If this is what the future is going to be like, it’s really not that bad.”

RAY BRASSIER: “The percentage of material published on philosophy blogs that would stand up to serious critical scrutiny is, at best, minuscule, so the claim made by SR’s online enthusiasts that blogs are “revolutionizing” philosophy is more than a little silly.”

Cover design by James Vinciguerra, also features art and photography by Zephyr Pavey, Loke Rahbek, Ray Brassier, Matthew Bellosi and Ruby Ray."

43 - Interviews and converations with Dribble / Gutter Gods, Lakes, Puce Mary, Oily Boys, Low Life, Vanessa Amara, Lucy Cliche, Prolife and author S.T. Lore.
Modifié en dernier par ГражданскаяОборона le 29 mai 2015 13:18, modifié 1 fois.

A.M.
zonard-e
zonard-e

Re: DISTORT #43, 44, 46 (CRISIS SPECIAL)

Message par A.M. » 19 mars 2015 18:20

Votre adresse mail ne fonctionne pas (gmail dit : pas reconnue) ?
(mp du coup)

ГражданскаяОборона
touriste
touriste

Message par ГражданскаяОборона » 24 mars 2015 15:55

Bizarre... Essayez ratcharge at gmail.com
Merci

ГражданскаяОборона
touriste
touriste

Message par ГражданскаяОборона » 29 mai 2015 13:18

Deux nouveaux numéros sont sortis, même deal, dispo en quantité si besoin pour la France.

2€ par numéro + le port.

#47 - "Establishing a thinking about music and writing about music that is unsympathetic to academic resonance or market value is very important. Distort is in this spirit. I lay in bed and listen to the city and think about Sakevi plotting revenge. He knows what you did.
Modern Melbourne comedown: interviews with Brando's Island, Justin K Fuller and Moon Rituals, a piece by Jess Johnson who illustrated the art on the cover, a piece by Jesse Thomas about the YDI record Black Dust, and some writing on choice modern psychedelic, hardcore and psychotic electronic music: Glue, Blotter, Puce Mary, Culo, Long Knife, Perspex Flesh, Martyr Privates, Goosebumps."

#48 - "A tribute to Al Montfort, Snake, who has spent the last decade playing in some of Melbourne's most active underground bands - Straightjacket Nation, The UV Race, Total Control, Dick Diver, East Link and Lower Plenty. From mutant glam punk to psychotic hardcore to damaged post punk to feral dole wave, Snake has made a huge impact on the sound and drive of contemporary Australian music.
In 2013, Douglas Lance Gibson interviewed Al and I about our playing in bands together for the past ten years, and shot some photographs of us. The bulk of this issue is this interview and photographs. Also in this issue is an interview by Tim Scott with Al Montfort and a complete to time of printing discography of his recording career, numbering a significant 66 releases."

Répondre