MASSMORD/SHADES OF GREY split LP/CD!!!!!

Sorties de disques, appels à coprods ou mises à dispo en téléchargement de musiques contestataires et de mélodies bruyantes comme on les aime.
Nada
squatteur/euse
squatteur/euse

Message par Nada » 06 juin 2008 10:20

I didn't ask the admin to erase the post anyway.
My main purpose was not to complain about the informative thing, it was dealing with the way two ads were recently written (this one and the alpinist/finisterre lp, that seem to be linked together). Some samples : “powerhouse new split album”, “have established a reputation”, “high quality”, “perfect match”, “large scale release” (who cares the large scale anyway?), “most powerful”, “a force to be reckon with” (yeah, crustcore is a great competition right?), “one of the best”… Probably I went nuts too much (I’m a bit excessive perhaps and I love to post drunk at night) with that (hope you don’t take it bad, there’s nothing personal ok?) and stigmatized on your posts but I have to recognize that I’m fed up with the whole commercialization of diy non profit punk which I find worse and worse each year. With those kind of words, anyone could as well sell a Madonna lp or even some soap… and it doesn’t serve the purpose your bands probably have in their lyrics (this could be useful in an ad from my point of view), I’d rather see an ad promoting the diy ethic… I hope I’m a bit clear, it’s never easy to talk about that in a foreign language.
Communication, not competition! ;)
Ok. No offense so?

By the way, I’m the guy who brought you a breakfast the morning after your Parisian show so you can put a face on this profile.

Take care,

Y.

Massmord
touriste
touriste

Message par Massmord » 06 juin 2008 11:15

Yes I remember you. Thanks a lot for the breakfast and company. It was much appreciated.
Of course I'm not offended in any way. I can agree on much of the things you wrote and, like you, am fed up with all the hype, commercialization, status etc. I did not intend to come off that way at all. The add was simply to let everyone know that there's a new record in the works and I just used the descriptions from Profane and Blindead Production.

But I think it's important to remember, that these descriptions are thoughts from two individuals that feels this way about the release and would like to share it with others. Sure, they appreciate to sell as many copies as possible to cover the expenses of this release. I'm sure you're aware of the huge amount of money labels put in to each and every release and that it is almost impossible to break even on most of the releases labels put out. But this is a discussion for another time (and another thread?).

What I wanted to say is that I can understand that you react on these kind of ads though I don't fully agree. As I mentioned before, I see it as a way for labels and bands to let people know what's going on with releases etc and also to maybe give a brief introduction of the bands for people who have not heard us before.

No hard feelings at all and I think it's an interesting and imposrtant topic. Hope to see you again some day.

//Sonny
http://www.massmord.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Norma Bates

Message par Norma Bates » 06 juin 2008 11:34

Marrant comme la communication passe bien en anglais, on devrait peut-être essayer sur d'autres topics. ;)

It's funny 'cause there's a very good communication when people write in english, we could try this on others topics. ;)

kaosyouki
fait partie du décor
fait partie du décor

Message par kaosyouki » 06 juin 2008 12:08

Norma Bates a écrit :Marrant comme la communication passe bien en anglais, on devrait peut-être essayer sur d'autres topics. ;)

It's funny 'cause there's a very good communication when people write in english, we could try this on others topics. ;)
Je veux bien essayer, mais comment on dit "vieux con" en anglais?

Norma Bates

Message par Norma Bates » 06 juin 2008 12:35

Lovely boy.
:babos:

kaosyouki
fait partie du décor
fait partie du décor

Message par kaosyouki » 06 juin 2008 12:50

:oops:

... mais ca sonne quand meme mieux en francais

Contraszt! rec.
touriste
touriste

Re: MASSMORD/SHADES OF GREY split LP/CD!!!!!

Message par Contraszt! rec. » 10 nov. 2008 17:36

the LP-version is finally available (with a huge delay...). you can get it from the labels involved....
If you want a copy / trade / wholesale, contact: info@diyordie.net

Also available in france through the following mailorders/distros:
DEVIANCE
SYMPOHANY OF DESCTRUCTION
contraszt! rec.
http://www.diyordie.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

info@diyordie.net

Répondre